Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Teaser Tuesday - Here Kitty, Kitty by Shelly Laurenston
Title: Here Kitty, Kitty
Author: Shelly Laurenston
Genre: Paranormal (Shapeshifter) Romance
Buy from: Samhain Publishing
ISBN: 1-59998-521-7

Angelina Santiago is somehow kidnapped and moved from Texas to North Carolina, only to wake up wearing just a sheet and ensconced in the home of Nikolai Vorislav, a hillbilly were-tiger.

Nik has been perfectly content with life - laying in the sun, swimming, playing with his food. It was all good. He never asked for the foul-mouthed houseguest that introduced herself by nearly bashing his head in with the top of his own toilet tank. Too bad his idiot brothers decided she could be a present for Nik and took care of delivering her to him.

Angie is stuck in the sticks and bemoaning the necessity of remaining there for the sake of her friends. But at least there's decent shopping to be had and a hot, sexy were tiger....

I bought this book when it was first released by Triskellion (and only available for a little while - a few days if I remember correctly). Always a big fan of Shelly's wolves, I was dying to see what she would do with a cat shifter and in no way have I been disappointed. This is probably my all time favorite of Shelly's books.

The way the personalities of the were tigers are portrayed is SO feline and yet hillbilly human too. Each of the were species in Shelly's books have such unique personalities that they have a very three dimensional aspect right from the start and their animal natures are completely believable.

The passage where Nik's brothers present gifts to Angie cracks me up every time I read it. The sex is hot and spicy but I think I am most enamored of the way Nik learns to accept and love Angie for the extremely strong and self-sufficient woman she is.

And you can't miss what Angie's friends do to Nik when they rescue her!

I'm really happy to see this book re-released. Although my gloating at having a copy is now a thing of the past, more people can read and fall in love with this book.

(This time I had nothing to do with this book other than as a RFG - Rabid Fan Girl.)

0 Comments

Post a Comment