Tuesday, January 31, 2006
The Plot Thickens
Sorry, couldn't help myself :) I blame Dakota Cassidy.

Raven's White Hart is humming along. My test readers like it so far (only 8% done and finished chapter 4) but that makes me feel good. Let's hope I can keep that track record through the rest.

I've discovered it's very very hard to write the end of a sexy scene that I was really ... umm... into when my husband decides to insist on reading online comics to me from across the room. I didn't snarl (but I wanted to). I still managed to finish the scene after he went to bed. Maybe I should wear headphones so he thinks I can't hear him anyway and doesn't try??? Maybe next time I'll suggest some excerpts from my favorite erotica authors instead ... he does have a sexy voice but even that doesn't cause Sluggy Freelance to turn me on. Sigh.

I was home with a sick child today but while I was ignoring the various kid shows, I did manage to plot out the first of my paranomal comedy series. I don't think that one will be as long as RWH because IMHO comedy does better when it doesn't try to be funny for a long time....

Well, off to try to make my 1000 word goal for the day.

3 Comments

  1. I'm impressed! How do you go from software engineer to technical writer to erotic romance writer? I find it so difficult to switch gears like that. You amaze me!

    Rebecca
    http://www.chippewapublishing.com


  2. I was going to claim some rare superpower but I think it may have more to do with being insane :)

    Thanks for stopping by and the compliment Rebecca!


  3. LOLLOL--comedy they say is hard. Long or short.

    If it's hard--it's cuz ya gotta work too hard and then, it's not comedy.

    Quit blaming me for your transgressions, woman! Write!

    DC :)


Post a Comment