Friday, March 31, 2006
Actually Entered a Contest (Gasp)
Okay, I managed to get up the courage to enter a small contest being held by Angela Knight on her author loop. I doubt I will win any of the top three spots since I'm up against some very good published authors but it did get me to finish a scene I'd been thinking about and I did manage to get out the courage to send work to several of my Writing Goddesses.

We'll see what happens. The deadline is 3/31 (note that I left it to the last second and almost let myself chicken out).

Thanks to Erin and Jaynie for a) encouraging me and b) smacking my cases of nerves when I need it!

2 Comments

  1. Woohoo! You go, Maura! What's that old saying? It isn't a risk if it doesn't make you sick to your stomache? Oh, wait. I made that up. Never mind ;)


  2. Hey - congrats. That's awesome. Sometimes we need that push to finish. I'm a very strong believer in contests!!

    Good luck!


Post a Comment