Tuesday, April 18, 2006
The Many Moods of the Muse
Got RWH to 65% and was sitting last night and thinking of the oddities of this author gig.

There are some days when I think I have to fight for every single word and sometimes it takes multiple passes to get a sentence on the screen.

Yet some days I start to write and I suddenly realize it's two hours later and I've written 2500 words.

At first I thought it was because of the actual scene I was working on but it seems to be more a conglomeration of everything from how much I'm thinking about the DJ (Day Job), how tired or not I am, what time of the month it is, heck - even what phase of the moon it is or the weather that day!

I'm a very pattern oriented person so it's quite natural for me to be looking for a pattern in the behavior. But I don't think there really is a pattern that is discoverable without the use of multiple spreadsheets, trending charts and maybe some divination!

I think I'm going to put it down to the mysteries of the creative brain and let it go. Otherwise I'll drive myself (more) crazy!

1 Comments

  1. "multiple spreadsheets, trending charts and maybe some divination!"

    you wants to borrow my slide rule, darlin ~grinz~


Post a Comment