Friday, April 07, 2006
TV Habits
I feel very alone. Suddenly I seem like the only person in the world who hardly watches ANY network TV.

We watch the Science Channel, Discovery, HGTV, DIY and a few other cable educational type channels. Plus Noggin or Sprout for the Morganator.

But I don't think I've watched network TV since the Super Bowl!

I absolutely HATE reality TV. I'm not hooked on any TV shows in particular (I have a stock of craft shows and such on TiVO).

Of course I have friends and aquaintances that talk tv shows to me and all I can do is stare blankly. American Idol results ... ummm.... whatever, guess I could Google them. Survivor ... gimme a break... I refuse to even Google that!

Sigh - even my mother despairs, especially since I seem highly unlikely to change.

3 Comments

  1. maura darlin...you're not the only one who doesn't do reality tv. while i do watch a couple of network shows - i'm hooked on gilmore girls, i mostly watch hgtv if i have the thing on at all.

    when my grand daughter is visiting we watch disney movies or the disney channel.

    so cheer up babe, it's all good.


  2. I can't stand most reality shows. The only thing I watch is American Idol, and this is the first season ever, and that's just because Ace and Chris are so darn hot! lol. Other than that, I don't watch TV at all.


  3. Actually we do watch SOME TV that is technically 'reality' TV.. Thing is, it's not what I'd call 'contrived Reality'. It's not a bunch of folks in some artificial situation, with artificial challenges, etc.

    Most of our 'reality' TV comes from Discovery Channel..
    Deadliest Catch (alaskan crab fishing.. this is, as one reviewer said, 'as real as it gets')
    great biker build off (ok 'slightly' contrived in that the producers setup the competition between the builders, and the deadlines.. but what craftsperson hasn't worked under a deadline, or tried to out-do others in their field)

    American Chopper, Monster house, Dirtiest Jobs.. of course the last few of those blur the line.. MH (is (was technically) the most contrived of them, probably closest in many ways to the 'traditional' major network 'reality formula', and DJ is more documentary than reality TV.


Post a Comment