Sunday, April 15, 2007
It's a Strange Personal Reality Sometimes....
The last few days have been exceptionally frustrating. Well, maybe the last week or so. Possibly because of some stress and pressure at the DDJ, I've found myself with pretty much zero tolerance for mis-information and people who pass on un-researched urban legends.

These are both personal hot buttons for me anyway and I try to offer correct information when I can, usually with the advice to please research things before blindly passing them on. It's easy for people to get drawn in by bad information, it's happened to everyone.

But this week it seems like the combination of my desire to get the correct information out there and the tolerance level of others for bad information are completely at odds. At least once I managed to get myself chastised soundly for what the chastiser presented as the equivalent of kicking a puppy. Well, it was a person, but you know what I mean.

I decided that, since I find it difficult to resist responding and I'm only either pissing everyone off or being completely ignored, I would give myself at least a temporary timeout from most of my groups. Maybe when the stress gets a little less, I can go back.

In the meantime, I guess I'll see what effect this has on my productivity. Not an experiment I intended to conduct but there has to be a bright side, right

1 Comments

  1. Those who chastise are usually embarrassed to have been caught, either by passing it on or not researching it!
    Sorry, hon!


    Pam


Post a Comment