Sunday, May 20, 2007
C Made Me Cry
When I got the news on Thursday that I'd sold my first fiction story, C was at the Mariners' game and I waited until he got home to tell him. I kept staring at the email in awe.....

When I told him, he was very excited for me and we danced around for a while.

But the next day, I was on the way to work when I got a call from Yasmine Galenorn, my friend and mentor, to say I needed to check my email when I got to the office. Honestly, I wasn't sure what had happened - I was afraid her older kitty had died or some catastrophe had hit.

Instead I had a lovely congratulatory email and an invite to join the Witchy Chicks blog. I almost cried. Instead I called her back and she told me that C had been sending out mail to brag that I had done it.....

I did cry then.

Not only was C happy for me, he was completely cheering me on with people he didn't know, totally on his own and without even letting on to me!

How cool is that???

3 Comments

  1. heh What can I say, I wanted to kinda suprise her. and I knew that there were a bunch of other blogging/authors who were also pulling for her.. So I looked at folks who had commented here, and/or tagged her for various questionares and such, and tried to send them mail. Bit of a trick actually since finding email addresses for folks can require a bit of digging.. Never did find a way to send mail to Morgan Hawke, or I'd have told her too...


  2. That was a wonderful thing to do C. She almost started crying again when she told me what you did over the weekend.

    Once again, congratulations Maura.

    Jo


  3. And of course, I had to tell her--you know us, get us together and Maura and I run on and on...and on...and on....

    *grins*

    Yazza -still thinks you're a good husband, C-


Post a Comment