Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Boom-A-Thon Report
Today, in honor of the 4th of July, we held our annual Boom-A-Thon. Because we live a bit in the sticks, we host a yearly potluck party where a bunch of friends all converge with fireworks and fun. C and I think this is our 8th or 9th year of this party.

Preparation started a few weeks ago when I foolishly decided we should have the party, even while I'm on deadline and the evil day job was... less than optimal. Foolish me - yet I never seem to learn. A few days ago I began the cleaning frenzy (though C says it's more of a cleaning jihad) and began to try to frantically regain enough of the house for ten friends or so.

Sigh. I'd say 'never again' except I'd not even believe myself, so I don't think I'll bother.

But I got the most important few rooms clean - the living room, kitchen and guest bathroom. My friend, Jo, came over early and helped me with the last bit of sweeping and cleaning - you know you have a real friend when, despite your description of the state of the house being "frat party aftermath", they come over to help anyway. Thank you, Jo.

There was great food, great friends and lots of fireworks. An impressive array this year and only one small grass fire which C put out asap with the hose he had ready.

Morganator had a great time and was really well behaved. He lets out this hilarious cackle and almost dances when he's thrilled. It made me laugh just to watch him.

Now C and I are both moaning that we hurt and ghad we're old..... But it was fun!

1 Comments

  1. I'm glad you took some time out to have fun :) (and that you didn't burn anything down lol)


Post a Comment