Sunday, November 18, 2007
Question for my Blog Readers
I was helping another author today get started using a storyboard as a plotting technique and she asked if I've ever considered blogging about the process as I work through a story - so it's a real world example, with photos and such.

I know I'm not unique in using a storyboard - I learned the basics from Shelley Bradley and Naughty Nikki, then modified it for my own peculiarities. And certainly if you get five authors in a room that all use storyboarding, you'll get six or seven opinions on how it's done.

So is there any interest in this? If there is, I'll turn it into the weekly Wednesday post topice. But not response here means no interest and I'll table it :)

Let me know, it's up to you.....

6 Comments

  1. Since I have absolutely no idea what storyboarding is or how it works, I'd be interested in seeing your process. I'm a total pantser, so maybe pictures will be a way for me to actually create a plan. *g*


  2. YES. Very interested!


  3. If you saw my writing process you'd probably die of shock, it's pretty all over the place. Sort of like letting a toddler on a sugar rush loose with a box of crayons. I've got notes, pictures, books and print outs in piles related to the topic. If it helps streamline the process (yeah, like that is a process) I'm all for it.


  4. I'm interested :-)


  5. I'm interested in seeing how you do this. I know how it's done for movies being made, so I'm guessing it would basically be the same thing for writing a book (with a few exceptions of course). I think it would be neat to see how it turns out.


  6. I tried to comment yesterday, but had computer trouble all day...

    Maura, I'd love to see what you've done with what you've learned! And hear how it's working for you.

    In the meantime, for anyone interested, I'm teacing another storyboarding workshop in January here: http://www.easttexasrwa.com/html/workshops.html

    For more info, visit the Appearances page from one of my sites.

    Shelley Bradley/Shayla Black
    www.shelleybradley.com
    www.shaylablack.com


Post a Comment